Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Work, Work, and MORE WORK

I'm so tired of working all the time!  I've work 45 hours in this past work week.  I've figured out my last 3 weeks, and I've worked 26 of the last 30 days (2 day over 3 weeks).  And I've figured out how many days I will work come not this weekend, but next.  I will work 37 of 42 days.  That's 6 week's time, and I will have worked more than 5 weeks.  That's only 5 days off.... HOLY CRAP!

Now, I know I work in a restaurant, and it really isn't that hard of work, and I'm not necessarily complaining for any other reason than I want a day off (and I was scheduled 2 days off a week, but we have had some problems with a co-worker and no call no shows, so I've picked up her shifts, and the manager went to Vegas to get married, and took off/called to have people cover her shifts a couple weeks before the wedding).  So I know that I am doing this to myself, but there are 4 employees at our restaurant... 1 thinks he is the manager (we will call him Wannabe), and will NOT pick up a shift unless he absolutely has to.  One doesn't really care to pick up shifts (we will call her T-Tot, for reason's that I'm not sure what they are), and then when she does she gets yelled at at home because her boyfriend has to watch her kids while she is there, and doesn't have time to go look for a job.  And the last one (M-Mom) has a 2 year old at home, and has to keep her in mind when she picks up shifts. 

Now... All of these employees are great people to work with, I just wish that I didn't have to pick up the slack for everyone.  Now Boyfriend doesn't care that I'm working all the time, he has plans this weekend anyways, and had plans last weekend too.  And we also could use the extra money so I don't mind doing it, I just wish that someone else would pick up the slack.  Now I complain lightly about having to pick up shifts, and do extra work, but I'm the one that has volunteered myself to do it.  However, these other people are complaining, all but Wannabe, because they are picking up shifts.  M-Mom and T-Tot have both only split an 8 hour shift amongst each other... and M-Mom came in last Saturday when No Show didn't call or let anyone know she wasn't coming to work, and I got a phone call from a community member telling me the restaurant was not open.  So I made it an hour later than open time, and had a TON of work to do, all while being swamped.  So M-Mom showed up and helped me with a lot of the prep work.  However, she left at 11 am just before we got our weekend lunch rush.

I need to be done rambling on and on about this.  I just have to put out there that I heard we were suppose to be getting some kind of a "thank you" for picking up hours, and making stuff work, and I better be getting a hell of a lot more than others, otherwise someone is going to hear the wrath of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment